related to Check are becoming extremely popular and lots of people in the world have received mails from different types of perpetrators connected to this topic. Mail sent by the scammers will be extremely formal and official and contents will also look very genuine and honest. Recently one of the citizens received Lloyds TSB Check worth 3500 pounds from a company called Portolio Metrica Ltd. based in West Africa. Person who received this Check was extremely surprised since he has not done any work or having any account with this bank. He was so surprised that the Check was looking like a genuine one. He was scared to deposit the Check and kept it in his house without depositing.
Scams related to business Check is also making rounds and becoming very popular. In these types of frauds or scams the perpetrator will approach the business house with an urgent order of goods and submit a signed post dated Check which will look like a genuine one. Owner of the goods will dispatch the goods and deposit the Check on the exact date. But the Check will bounce and the owner will be left to lurch. Corporate houses, shopkeepers, commercial establishments and businessmen should follow the below guidelines
- Should never reply to mails from the scammers
- Should not provide any personal and financial details even when the scammers gives pressure
- Should keep the Check books in a very safe place
- Should never accept Checks from the third party or any strangers
- Should always check the credentials and the authenticity of the people offering Check
- Back ground verification check is a must
- Should never offer or accept from the third party
- Should escalate the matter to the concerned authority
- Should dispatch the goods only after the deposit amount materializes
- Should always reconcile bank accounts
These are only minimum checks and there are lots of checks businessmen should follow before parting away his goods. Scams related to travelers Check and certified Check is also making rounds in the world. Scammers tried to lure the people of York recently into an international money laundering ring. Some of the people living in York replied and received a "fake Travelers Check worth 3000 pounds" from the scammers which was later investigated by the police and found to be fraud. North Yorkshire Police consider these types of frauds as a complex international fraud and an attempt to swindle the money of the innocent people. There are other types of intelligent scams such as deposit, Check cashing and online and so on and so forth.